A good real terminal

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Apr 16 07:58:21 CDT 2008

On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:06 PM, John Floren wrote:

>>> What is a good real termial ( that you can afford )?
>>>
>>   DEC VT320 or VT420.  They are reliable, small, cheap, and easy
>> to find.
>>
> No love for the VT220? That's what I have, and although it's pretty
> slow, I still like it... the VMS keyboard is an obstruction sometimes,
> though.

   Sure, I think VT220s are great terminals.  I'd classify them more
as "collectible antiques", though, than "use it at my day job"
equipment like the '320 and '420.  The VT220 also pulls a LOT more
power than the VT320, which is a consideration for me these days.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL