are there any 68000 multi-cpu systems out there?

Ray Arachelian ray at arachelian.com
Fri Apr 18 19:04:05 CDT 2008

Chris Kennedy wrote:
> I had the questionable fortune of working on a multiple 68000 machine
> of sorts; it consisted of multiple processor boards stuffed into a
> Q-bus machine.  The 68000 side ran a (I am not making this up)
> multiuser PICK interpreter; the PDP-11 side ran code under RSX that
> essentially turned the PDP-11 into a disk I/O processor.
>
> Yeah, I was pretty hungry when I signed up for that one.

Wow.  So was it one 68000 per user, or did it actually do proper
multitasking?

I'm sort of asking the original question because I'm ripping LisaEm
apart into its components so that they may be usable in other emulation
projects.  One of is a CPU library based on Generator, so I was
wondering if it's worthwhile to make the library capable of supporting
multiple virtual 68000's.  (The trade off is a loss in execution speed.)