WTB ( and some questions ) WD1002-05 / HDO

Jos Dreesen / Marian Capel jos.mar at bluewin.ch
Wed Apr 23 14:51:39 CDT 2008

I am in the market for a WD1002-05 or WD1002-HDO controller.

Are these software compatible to the WD1002-27x ( of which I have 2 ) ?
Does anyone have a software and/or schematics  manual for the -27x ?

I do realize the -27x is RLL, the others are MFM, but then I have a choice of disks to use. Or could the -27x be jumpered for MFM compatibility ?

Target :

- Obtain a harddisk with 100 sectors (@ 256 bytes/sect) per cylinder.
  4 heads with 25 256-byte-sectors-per-tracks should do the trick.

  I do no care about lost space on the disk.

					Jos