IBM DisplayWriter DOS

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Apr 25 18:58:59 CDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Chris M wrote:
> Speaking of Ampro Littleboards...they're probably the
> easiest way to render a DWer peecee compatible. Open
> it up, *drop* one in...and wala. You'll need a new
> keyboard presumably, and I'm assuming the monitor
> supplied is roughly equivalent to a 5151. And the
> Littleboards could take ISA-8 bit cards...via the
> edition of a *motherboard* if you will.

Somebody said that there was already software for the DW to use it as the
keyboard and screen for a running PC.

There were a few other similar machine, but the LB was the most popular.

With a LB, you could not only make a DW capable of running PC software,
you could do the same for a keyboard, a printer, a TV set, a table, a
kitchen sink, . . .