Texas Instruments CC40

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 25 19:48:23 CDT 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
>>    Well for Christmas, she showed up here with an Osborne-1 with
>> manuals, software, an external (green-screen) monitor, and an Epson
>> RX-80, including all cables, all in near-perfect condition!
>> Apparently she scored that system at a thrift store for something
>> like ten bucks.  One can't argue with that.
>
> Cool.  Does it have the DD card and the Screen-Pac upgrade?  I have
> some
> nontrivial amount of software for those...

   Nope, no DD or ScreenPac, it's just a plain '1.

   I remember selling Kaypro systems at an after-school job in the
mid-1980s.  We pushed them pretty hard on the "much bigger display
than an Osborne 1" selling point.  I still like the overall design of
the Osborne, though, especially the little cubby holes for floppies.
That's very handy.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire