Free to a good home (UK) - bits!

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 30 15:48:22 CDT 2008

On
> Behalf Of Antonio Carlini
> Sent: 29 April 2008 23:08
> To: 'General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts'
> Subject: RE: Free to a good home (UK) - bits!
>
> Robert Jarratt wrote:
>
> > I would be interested in any 50-pin SCSI disks, especially any that
> > are 1.09
> > GB or less (can't remember the exact figure for sure but thereabouts)
>
> Would this be for a VAXstation 3100 or early MicroVAX 3100? If so
> the magic figure is 1.073GB. I've used 50-68&80 adapters on VAXes
> with no problem.
>
> > and
> > any larger 50-pin SCSI disk that are no more than one inch in height.
>
> VAXstation 4000 VLC? The adapters I used only just fit in there - room
> is indeed very tight!
>
> Antonio

> Checked by AVG.
> 28/04/2008 13:29

I would be interested in getting some larger 68 or 80 pin disks in my VLCs
but I have had two PSUs fail on me recently and I wonder if it isn't because
I have overloaded them with the disks I have put in, so whether they could
cope with these disks is a bit unclear. I know the VLC PSUs are supposed to
be quite weedy and I don't have the skill to fix them myself. They just keep
clicking the power on and off about once a second.

I have not sent the adapters you mention, what should I be searching for?

Rob