Apple GS II power supply

Nico de Jong nico at farumdata.dk
Sun Aug 3 06:11:30 CDT 2008

> On Thursday 31 July 2008 11:26, Nico de Jong wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Would anyone be interested in an Apple GS II powersupply? It is made by
> > Astec, odl AA13591, and features +5V at 4.0 Amp, +12V at 2.5 Amp, and
> > 0,25Afor -5 and-12V
> >
> > The unit is for 230V, 50/60 Hz.
>
> I'd be real surprised if it weren't switchable,  though I suppose some
were
> made that weren't.  I have a IIgs in a box stored away,  and haven't
gotten
> into it yet,  so I don't recall whether there's a voltage selector switch
or
> similar in there.  Some of the supplies I recall (including some Astec)
used
> a wire jumper instead.

There is neither a voltage selector switch nor a jumper.
I'm skating on thin ice now, but logic tells me that the power supply is a
bastard meant for European use, as (1) there is room above the AC input
connector to mount a switch, and (2) there is a cut-out for a fan, but the
size of the circuit board prohibits the mounting of a fan.

Nico