If there's anyone in West Yorkshire with a working BBC Master and

listmailgoeshere at gmail.com listmailgoeshere at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 17:36:29 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> please could you get in touch? I've a disk I need to read, and I've
>> just discovered that my Master no longer feels like working :(
>
> How long since you last used it?

Not totally sure, but around a year.

>> ObCCTalk: symptoms are just the message "Acorn MOS, Acorn ADFS" and
>> then a flashing cursor upon switch-on. The drive does click as if it's
> Do I take it from this that you don't get the BASIC message?

Indeed you don't. However, by pressing Ctrl-F BREAK, you can get a *
prompt, and then typing BASIC and hitting Return will drop you into
BASIC.

The only testing I did after that was a simple 10 PRINT "HELLO", 20
GOTO 10, RUN. It worked.

> Being a Master, it's quite likrly the internal battery is flat and the
> configuration RAM is corrupted. There's a key combination to reset this
> (I forget it, it's in the mnual, though). Try that, and then configure
> the options you want. If that cures it, replace the batteries...

>From the reading up I was doing earlier this evening, it's switching
on whilst holding down R.

Ed.