Double-Sided disk drives reading Single-Sided disks (HP 9122 vs 9121)

JP Hindin jplist2007 at kiwigeek.com
Wed Aug 6 10:56:40 CDT 2008

Hey guys;

This may, or may not, be a silly question, but in all my years of
fiddling, I realised I had never tried this, so I'm unsure of what the
results will be.

My HP Logic Analyser (1630G) can talk to a HP 9121 via HP-IB. I have found
a 9122, which is a double-sided version of the same device, as far as I
can tell. I'm fairly confident the 1630G won't care - but the diskettes
that I have (inverse assembler pack, thanks Gavin - you rock) are
single-sided.

Is there any reason that the 9122 DS drive won't read a SS diskette for
the 9121?

Thank you for your help!

 - JP