IBM Model M keyboard spares

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Aug 6 14:55:12 CDT 2008

On 6 Aug 2008 at 15:27, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Even on the AT, the protocol works, but you need a cable adapter.

I've got a whole mess of them, of both persuasions.  They came with
the old IBM "monitor saver" boxes (along with pieces of sticky-sided
velcro).  I wish I could find a home for a few of those.  Too bad
they'll respond only to keypress and not to mouse movement.

A lot of third-party keyboards either had switches or could auto-
detect and adapt to the difference between PC and PC AT protocols.

But what with +5 being available on the cable, it would be as easy as
fishing with dynamite to program a PIC or AVR as a lump in the cable
to convert betwixt the two.

Cheers
Chuck