dial-up experiences (was Re: question aaout ISP's)

Rich Alderson RichA at vulcan.com
Fri Aug 8 16:20:10 CDT 2008

From: Bill Sudbrink
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 8:52 PM

> 11) I no longer remember how to start up Zork or some of the
>     other programs... anyone feel free to provide details I'm
>     missing.

You were advised to use "ZORK^K" rather than ":ZORK".  The latter
would always start a new Zork process, which was unfriendly given
the limited number of processes available under ITS; the former
would start a Zork process if none already existed, otherwise
connecting you to a shared memory image.

Rich Alderson                                     RichA at vulcan.com
Server Engineer, PDPplanet Project                (206) 342-2239
Vulcan, Inc., 505 5th Avenue S, Seattle, WA 98104 (206) 465-2916 cell