Forgotten PC History

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Fri Aug 8 22:16:47 CDT 2008

On Friday 08 August 2008 23:04, bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca wrote:
> Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> > There were also those "flatpacks" which I never could figure out.  A
> > precursor to surface mount?  Something else?
>
> I would guess so, but I've never seen a flat pack in the flesh myself so
> I can't say.

Aside from one of my databooks that has pictures on the cover,  I can't say I
have either,  though it's possible that I did and forgot.  There were times
early on when I was starting to get to know that stuff that I momentarily
considered the possibility of using some of it,  and I decided pretty quick
that it just flat-out wasn't worth the hassle.

-
M Dakin