Forgotten PC History

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Aug 9 00:12:30 CDT 2008

On 9 Aug 2008 at 0:39, Roy J. Tellason wrote:

> I remember a couple or three hobby kits of one sort or another that were RTL
> in cans.  They came with a board but I'm not remembering the orientation of
> the board holes at this point,  might've been DIP but we're talking 30+ years
> ago so I'm not sure.  I do remember that I had to bend the leads,
> though.  :-)

I remember the Moto mWRTL experimenter's pack.  Cans, but no boards--
and a fair number of analog suggested applications.  RTL was kind of
neat that way--it could swing both ways.  If you wanted to make a
microphone mixer using a 4-input NAND gate, you could without much
trouble at all.  Probably getting close to 40 years, no?

Cheers,
Chuck