Forgotten PC History

Göran Axelsson axelsson at acc.umu.se
Sat Aug 9 18:24:01 CDT 2008

I'm surprised... well, not that much, I have lurked on this list for a
while now.

When I first read this article and saw how many responses it got I
thought that now I would finally learn some more about my old DP2200.
But the discussion immediately changed into a discussion about various
chip carriers.

In a vane attempt to steer the discussion back into the original topic,
the Datapoint 2200, I wonder if there is anyone else that is restoring
these machines and if there are any schematics out there.

I added a small teaser with some pictures of a 4 kbyte memory card, the
only thing I have of it in my apartment.

http://www.home.neab.net/DP2200/

Some day I will try to restore it.

/Göran