INS8073 (was Re: HERO1 For sale...)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Aug 11 14:41:27 CDT 2008

Eric Smith wrote:
> It's in 2.5KB of ROM, so it's definitely a tinier BASIC than in the
> competing Intel 8051AH-BASIC and Zilog Z8671, both of which had 4KB of ROM.

   Was there in fact an 8051AH-BASIC?  I've worked extensively with
8052AH-BASIC, and have never heard of an 8051 version.  The 8052 has 8KB
of ROM, compared to the 8051's 4KB.  The BASIC interpreter filled...and
I mean FILLED...that 8KB.  It's extraordinarily dense code.

   The Z8671's BASIC, on the other hand, fits in the first 2KB of ROM on
that chip.

                -Dave

--
Dave McGuire