Upgrading early BIOS

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Aug 11 17:35:40 CDT 2008

On 11 Aug 2008 at 15:25, Eric J Korpela wrote:

> Here's a list of various limits of hardware and software for various
> disk sizes I came across a while back.
>
> http://www.allensmith.net/Storage/HDDlimit/Limits.htm#Content

There are also a few DOS utilities out there that will issue an
IDENTIFY command and report what comes back, regardless of what the
BIOS says.  That might, at least, tell the OP if the drive's cabled
up right.

But this system is a Backward-Hell, right?  Not exactly the tops on
my list of desirable PCs to use!

It's funny--I don't recall anyone on this asking about the
collectability of a Barbie PC--must be a "guy" thing. ;<)

Cheers,
Chuck