Power control connectors for BA4xx boxes??

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Sun Aug 17 16:26:10 CDT 2008

On 17/08/2008 17:34, Bob Armstrong wrote:
>   Can anyone identify the power control connectors used on the H7874 power
> supplies in the DEC BA4xx boxes?  They look a lot like RJ-45s, but there are
> some extra ridges in them so that an RJ style plug won't fit.  And the
> contact arrangement is different, so it probably wouldn't work even if it
> did fit.

I can't tell you about the wiring.  The plugs are called 2x3LNL or 2x3 
L-N-L ("Latch-N-Lok") plugs, and are sometimes used on powered USB 
cables (which is what they're designed for).  They're 0.1" pitch, so 
Molex KK or equivalent AMP or Berg connectors should mate with them.

The DEC cables are called BC09F-10 (the -10 is the length) for the ones 
that interconnect BA4xx boxes, and BC09G-10 for the ones that have a 
different plug on the other end, for connecting BA4xx to BA2xx.

Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York

More information about the cctech mailing list