MCS-51 Tiny BASIC ( was Re: INS8073 )

Allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 20 09:53:42 CDT 2008

diffs on the various basics:

Scanning wrote:
> The 8051 Tiny BASIC could squeeze into 3K of memory;
>
> http://www.chac.org/bas-51.html
>
> Whereas the 8052 BASIC fit into 8K of memory;
>
> http://www.geocities.com/dsa_projects/electronics/8031-ah/8952-bas.html

this is full 8k BASIC with strings, floats, arrays and all.

> so I don't see that they are related. I've also never heard the 8052 version
> referred to as a Tiny BASIC ( or Palo Alto BASIC ).

TB abd TBX references are for 8080/8085/z80 compatable integer BASICs.
The 8051
version can be a "tiny" basic meaning integers, simple array, maybe
simple strings.

Nibl is an example of a non 8080 flavor integer basic.

 From looking around there are several BASICs around for the 8051/8031
family
and the 8052AH is a specific programmed chip with a nicer 8k basic.

Allison