Ring vs BCD counters for decades

schwepes at moog.netaxs.com schwepes at moog.netaxs.com
Sun Aug 31 12:44:04 CDT 2008

The system I worked on much later used two frequencies and the
resulting intermods for ranging information and that was mixed
with the direction of the tracking radar.  This was an
analogue system using synchros (remember Waldo?) to position
the weapon, in this case a missile, in the position that the
boogie would be in.
The first Navy fire control computer was definitely analogue.
bs