The drift of a knowledge-based societ to a gadget-value-based

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 15:59:33 CST 2008

>  > I think the clever society is getting burned down as we know it
>
> Clever is now content, not the tool.
>
> Computers and other electronic devices, and the communications
> infrastructure are a given. The invention now is what can be done

Well, if you truely believe that the current PCs and communications
devices are the best that will ever be possible, then I somewhat pity
you. I certainly don't.

IMHO there could be better devices in the future. Which means there have
to be poople to design those better devices. And those people had better
understand how they work,