Dave McGuire mcguire at
Wed Dec 3 01:34:47 CST 2008

On Nov 28, 2008, at 4:23 PM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Tony Duell wrote:
>>> OK, but IDE bus interface cards do exist. Meaning cards that link  
>>> ISA
>>> (or whatever) bus to an IDE drive. For ISA, it's little more than an
>>> address decoder and buffers (I happen to be using one in this PC).
>> Right, that's what I've called an IDE HBA (host-bus-adapter).
> You're mixing your terminology.  A bus doesn't really come into  
> play here.

   Well sorta...the address, data, and control buses of an 8088! ;)   
(damn IDE/ATA is such a friggin' nasty kludge)


Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL

More information about the cctech mailing list