Making an RT-11 TU58 Image

Tobias Russell toby at coreware.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 14:27:59 CST 2008

Hi,

I've just managed to get a TU58 emulator compiled up and running under
Linux and confirmed its working by booting Will Kranz's XXDP images
(http://www.fpns.net/willy/pdp11/tu58-emu.htm)

I'd now like to get an RT-11 TU58 image so I can run a boot into a real
operating system on my disk-less -11s. Whats the best way to go about
making a suitable image?

I have a working RT11 v5 setup under SIMH. Is it possible to make a
suitable image via this? One thought is to make a RX01 boot image and
but with a TU58 boot block and then use this on the emulator.

Thanks,
Toby

believed to be clean.