Sources for 8b TTL keyboards (Keytronics)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Dec 9 11:41:51 CST 2008

On 9 Dec 2008 at 9:32, Alexandre Souza wrote:

> > than $20.  Compared to the price of admission fee for, say, FPGA,
> > it's a real bargain.
>
>     You can program xilinx and altera FPGAs for less than $20 if you have a
> parallel port. Do a search on "byteblaster" and be happy :)

That's not what I said.  The TI stick will get you a CPU and the USB
debugging/programming interface--basically an eval kit for $20.  You
even get a few LEDs to play with as well as something like (I don't
remember exactly) 14 I/Os.  There's a $50 version with a wireless
interface.

Show me a $20 FPGA eval kit (with programmer) and I'll buy it.

Cheers,
Chuck