Raised floors

Vernon Wright vern4wright at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 14:10:36 CST 2008

CEO's and such, taking visitors to their million-dollar computer installations, found 3" cables snaking down from the ceiling 'unsightly'; I can recall several managements who would send a memo instructing that the computer room be made extra-tidy (no boxes of paper, cards, all the tapes and disks in their racks) for a coming visit.

I really found the raised floor to be quite valuable. There were no holes (except later when A/C was pushed through and small vents were put in), cables were accessible by pulling up a section or two, and as I said, you didn't have to hassle with trucking data and supplies over big cables.

Vern