68k homebuilts

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 17:44:29 CST 2008

Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 12 Dec 2008 at 16:03, bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca wrote:
>

>> Was not that newsletter for a APPLE II, co-processor board?
>> Did anybody ever use one, or any kind of general purpose co-processor
>> boards for the PC?
>
> Z80 boards were quite popular.  I recall using one called "Blue
> Lightning" or something like that.  But 68K, Z8000, NS16032 and
> others were certainly made.

I've got a couple of ARM ones too, just to add them to the pot.

I'd love to fine a NS32016 or m88k one (not sure if the latter ever existed)

 > Didn't someone also make Clipper and/or
> Transputer boards for the PC?

Transputer ones certainly existed; IIRC seeing one (I think it was Inmos
themselves) which supported plug-in TRAM modules at the far end of the board
(I had a photo of it too, but can't find where I've filed it right now)

cheers

Jules