Memory/cache on the 11/70

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Wed Dec 31 15:11:14 CST 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> Oh, and point taken about the lack of Unibus interface ICs not driving
> up the price of this.  I did kinda skirt that issue by leaving the
> chips out of my target price since I have quantities of many things
> that one might find on such a board and really just need the PCB.

With SMT and such, it's just easier to have the board assembled with
all of the components too.  The board house that I use now does full
assembly and ICT (flying probe).  They even supply the "random"
passives (ie R's and C's).  0603 capacitors and resistors are
basically "free" for them.  The price that they're charging for
assembly isn't outrageous per board (on the order of the raw PCB cost)
so for all my boards going forward, I'll just "kit" the parts and send
them to the board house when I order the PCBs.  I'll get back
assembled boards.

TTFN - Guy