DEC LA180 printer (&LA100)

M H Stein dm561 at torfree.net
Fri Feb 1 13:54:19 CST 2008

Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:37:40 -0500
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
Subject: Re: DEC LA180 printer

On Feb 1, 2008, at 6:35 AM, Rick Murphy wrote:
>>> My books are still in storage,( basement wall are up! ), but I
>>> seem to
>> recall the LA36 had adjustments on the servo. Could the LA180?
>
>> Yes, it's basically the same mechanism.
>> I've sent the maintenance manual to der Mouse for scanning.

>   LA36 and LA180 are the same mechanism?  Are you sure?  I don't
>recall much similarity there, especially in terms of speed.

>          -Dave
I'll be scrapping some more LA100s (RO) shortly; any useful parts in there
for anyone? I believe that at least some parts are compatible with the LA210
and others, including the LA34 & 38; can someone confirm that?

Also an LJ500 (B2), although it's probably clogged and I don't expect much
interest...

TIA,

mike