MC3470

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 16:22:12 CST 2008

> >  > Also, does anyone have a proper data sheet for the MC3470 (disk read
> >  > amplifier etc).
> >
> > A reasonable description appears in the Semens FD100 service manual.
>
> Thanks, I'll take a look. At least I now have a pinout and several
> 'application circuits' (read : disk drive schematisc using that chip).

YEs, that manual answered almost all my questions, there's a good
description of what's inside the chip along with the schematics of the
PCB which gives an application circuit.

However, I still have one unaswered question : There's a DC balance
preset in the differntiator stage. What's the proceue for adjusting it?