Digitalker, SP0256,and SC-01 speech chips (was Re: Digitalker Information)

Scanning steven.alan.canning at verizon.net
Sun Feb 3 15:54:32 CST 2008

Pete,

The SP0256 had the best sounding speech I think ( it uses twice as many
speech sounds ( 128 allophones ? )  as the SC-01 only had 64 phonemes )).
The SC-01 is very easy to use ( it was used in the Heathkit Hero Robots )
but sounds very robotic and " nasal ". Heathkit Robots did have some songs
( like " Daisy " that HAL sang in 2001 ) but it sings as well as William
Shatner ....   All depends on what you are looking for; quality or easy to
use.

Best regards, Steven