Emulex QD34 question

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sun Feb 10 13:58:56 CST 2008

So, I've got a question about the Emulex QD34 QBUS SMD controller (yes,
like the one on ebay right now, which the seller claims is "SCSI").

It appears to have a S-BOX mounting bracket/dist panel on it, with some
annoying "inverted" high-density connectors on it (like the HD50
connectors used for DSSI).  I'm wondering if it's possible to pull the
bracket off the card, and if there's some sane-looking IDC connector
headers (like the normal 20 and 60 pin ones on an SMD drive) that one
can get to.

Thanks,

Pat