tape drives

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:52:24 CST 2008

John Foust wrote:
> At 04:26 PM 2/11/2008, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
>> Apologies,  I looked over our emails and found this:
>>
>> "I live about 3 miles North East of Centuria, Wi."
>
> Middle of nowhere, 90 minutes NE from Minneapolis.  Arguably close
> (the same distance?) to Cray's facilities, though.  Wonder what
> they could be.

Hmm, that's not too far from me I guess (or at least I get down to Minneapolis
about once a month - and as it takes me close on 5 hours for that, an extra 90
mins isn't too bad!)

That HP tape unit looks to be in the same sort of chassis as the 2114/2116
systems & related (PSU, paper tape reader etc.). No idea about the bigger rack
though - I've not seen a reel arrangement like that one before (i.e. such a
wide vertical spacing)

I can't offer help with any big stuff right now (no space in the car!), but
I'm looking around for a van at the moment, so maybe in a month or two...

cheers

Jules