error with tapecopy writing, buffer to small ???

Eric J Korpela korpela at ssl.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 12 12:26:30 CST 2008

I've similar problems on Linux 2.4 kernels when writing to tape
devices via DMA with a block size > 32k.  It can be solved if you are
willing to move to a 2.6 kernel (and your hardware supports large DMA
transfers).   Exactly 32kB blocks usually work.

I'd be surprised if your tape images actually have blocks bigger than
32k, but I suppose it is possible.