Heath ET-3400 Trainer Simulator SW

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Feb 12 23:15:17 CST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008, at 5:26 PM, Scanning wrote:
> He's probably a starving student like we were at one time and
> doesn't have a
> lot of disposable cash. And beer is expensive.
>
> I sent him the "free" simulator. An ET-3400A un-built kit just sold
> for $355
> on Ebay ! The " A" has 1024 bytes of RAM vs 256.
>
> I think your price is off by about a factor of 10 based on what
> I've seen.
> If you find one that cheap ( $10 - $20 ) I'll buy it !

   Unbuilt Heathkits go for huge amounts of money no matter what they
are.  I'm assuming that the original poster wouldn't require an
unbuilt one, as he was originally only looking for an emulator.  But,
I'll back up my statement of pricing with a factual account: I've
purchased three of them (all "A" variants) over the past five years
or so on eBay.  The most expensive one cost me about $30 including
shipping.  I sold one of them on eBay in 2006 for $16.00.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL