Heath ET-3400 Trainer Simulator SW

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:20:24 CST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 1:56 PM, James Fogg <James at jdfogg.com> wrote:
> > Dave,
> >
> > He's probably a starving student like we were at one time and doesn't
> have
> > lot of disposable cash. And beer is expensive.
> >
> > I sent him the "free" simulator. An ET-3400A un-built kit just sold
> for
> > $355
> > on Ebay ! The " A" has 1024 bytes of RAM vs 256.
> >
> > I think your price is off by about a factor of 10 based on what I've
> seen.
> > If you find one that cheap ( $10 - $20 ) I'll buy it !
> >
> > Best regards, Steven
> >

> I believe the premium for this particular deal was its un-built state.
> The ET-3400 is common and inexpensive. I think I'll go buy one myself,
> since I have a fondness for them since my freshman college course used
> one.

I don't see anything *too* special about it... my college was just
getting rid of the SDK-86 boards they used to use (custom mounted
between two sheets of plexiglass) and I snagged one; I've already
given it away or I would have offered it, since it seems to be
similar--old processor, some ram, breadboards, keypad, hex display.
Nowadays we use smaller 68000 SBCs for assembly; that was a fun course.

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn