EPROM programmer

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Thu Feb 14 16:02:24 CST 2008

It appears I've staved off buying one of these too long and now I need one.

Way back in the day, I used an ART EPP1, and I liked the serial
connection (as I could use it from any machine,not just a PC).

But, there are lots of options today.  My primary interest is in
replicating CBM KERNAL roms, though I would not mind uC programming
capabilities.

What do other people use for eprom programming?  I see a slew of Willem
programmers, but I don't understand why there are so many variants.  A
bummer is that they all use the Paallel Port, as far as I can tell.

Jim