EPROM programmer

Marden P. Marshall mardy at voysys.com
Thu Feb 14 16:12:23 CST 2008

On Feb 14, 2008, at 5:02 PM, Jim Brain wrote:

> It appears I've staved off buying one of these too long and now I
> need one.
>
> Way back in the day, I used an ART EPP1, and I liked the serial
> connection (as I could use it from any machine,not just a PC).
>
> But, there are lots of options today.  My primary interest is in
> replicating CBM KERNAL roms, though I would not mind uC programming
> capabilities.
>
> What do other people use for eprom programming?  I see a slew of
> Willem programmers, but I don't understand why there are so many
> variants.  A bummer is that they all use the Paallel Port, as far as
> I can tell.
>
> Jim

Data I/O 29B or System 19 with either a UniPak or UniPak II.  They
handle pretty much any of the old EPROMS from 2708's on up.  For
simple duplication operations, you can do everything from the control
panel.  They also have a serial interface for talking to a computer.
You can usually find them on eBay for short money.

-Mardy