Help identifying Mystery CDC Terminal

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Feb 19 00:33:03 CST 2008

Richard wrote:

> In article <47B970A0.29790.152D979C at cclist.sydex.com>,
>     "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com>  writes:
>
> > IIRC, the terminal was very "dumb".
>
> I found an online manual via archive.org and yes indeed it is quite
> dumb.  However, it does seem to have the concept of protected and
> unprotected character cells, which seems pretty advanced considering
> how primitive the rest of the ESC sequence support is on this
> terminal.  Then again, it seems to either predate or be concurrent
> with the VT100 which seems to have raised the bar for what people
> expected from a CRT terminal.

I'd be interested to read that too, interesting that it responds to ESC
codes at all.

I remember when I worked on it as a kid there seemed like a lot of
connections to the DB25 .. didn't know much about the RS232 control
signals at the time, but wondered just how sophisticated it got in
managing them.