RLV12 placement in H9278-A question

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Thu Feb 21 20:22:31 CST 2008

 >John A. Dundas III wrote:

> Thanks to all for your comments.
>
> This is being used temporarily in a system with an M8189 (KDF11) and
> M7551 (MSV11-Q, 4MB memory), so only one CD slot is currently
> available.  Just wondered whether I needed to reserve that slot or
> not.  Looks like not, so I'll use an appropriate Q/Q slot.

Remember that if you use a dual board in the 3rd slot, the CD portion is left empty!!

Also, you can't just leave the 3rd slot empty, there must be at least a bus grant card -
I assume that you will have at the very least a disk controller present!

And the other five AB /AB slots are serpentine - which means that the bus grant winds
from:
Slot 4: left to right /
Slot 5: right to left /
Slot 6: left to right /