HP2100 MSU BASIC

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Sun Feb 24 16:33:20 CST 2008

On 23 Feb 2008 at 13:05, Tim Riker wrote:

> Here's a transcript:
>
> sim> g 30000
>
> CLOCK I/O ADDRESS? 10
>
> LOG TTY I/O ADDRESS?  12
>
> NUMBER OF CHANNELS? 1
>
> CHANNEL 1 TTY I/O ADDRESS? 11

What's your I/O configuration?  The current version of SIMH only has one
TTY device available, but you've listed two different ones above (addresses
11 and 12).

> Running yields:
>
> sim> g 100
>

> YEAR? 78
> MONTH? 12
> DAY? 12
> TIME? 1212
>

> YEAR?
>

> with then loops forever.

I get a bit farther than that:

  HELLO-ROOT
  NAME-I.D.BILL-0
  CHAN: 1 ACCOUNT 0
  TIME ON:  1212  12/ 12/ 78

...and then things seem to quit talking.

> Anyone have docs on this?

It's mentioned in the LOCUS catalog at Bitsavers:

  /hp/21xx/locus/22000-90099_LOCUS_catalog_mar77.pdf

...on page 2-86.  It says that the system requires "an HP2116B computer
with 16K, two to five teleprinters with interface, and time base
generator."  So I'm not sure that it'll run on a system with one TTY.

                                      -- Dave