Friden Flexowriter

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Feb 26 21:17:08 CST 2008

In article <7d3530220802261841n8228c36o2b48a9708cf0889d at mail.gmail.com>,
    "John Floren" <slawmaster at gmail.com>  writes:

> A quick question--can you hook a Friden Flexowriter to a modern
> computer? I'm not afraid to put together some sort of
> interface/converter, but I haven't really found any information about
> that kind of thing... if anyone here has experience with one of these,
> your input would be greatly appreciated.

Have you consulted
<http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/frieden/flexowriter/Patent_2700446_Jan55.pdf>
which goes into detail about the mechanism and circuitry?

I'm not sure what the electronic interface looks like, but there is
some circuit diagrams in that PDF.  Have you googled around?
Wikipedia has an entry for the flexowriter with what looks like some
links to more detailed information.