Fwd: [roys-tech-chat] Really Old Computer Stuff

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Wed Feb 27 15:57:37 CST 2008

Can any of you guys verify one way or the other what that device with the 
tubes is that Dave is referring to in my group here?

Feel free to stop on by if you like.   :-)

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: [roys-tech-chat] Really Old Computer Stuff
Date: Wednesday 27 February 2008 13:50
From: "D" <wa4qal at yahoo.com>
To: roys-tech-chat at yahoogroups.com

I just added some photos in the Photos section of some really old
computer hardware.  These are photos I've taken from my personal

One is what I've been told is the peripheral I/O register for an
IBM 704 computer (Note the vacuum tubes!).

Another is a core storage (memory) plane from an IBM System/360,
most likely either a model 60 or 65.  This particular core plane
was defective, and has been cut out, so it's missing the connection
fingers on the sides of the plane.

The remaining two are a really old computing device.  ;-)


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:


Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and
ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can
be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James 
M Dakin

More information about the cctech mailing list