IOmega

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Wed Feb 27 21:58:24 CST 2008

 >Chuck Guzis wrote:

>Nowadays, if I need a few hundred megabytes of temporary offline
>storage, I use a USB flash drive.  In the 1GB size, particularly at
>clearance prices, they offer a fairly good bang for the buck.

Jerome Fine replies:

This is already off-topic, but might be very helpful.

My son just showed me a 2" x 2" board that holds the USB
flash card.  The card has a 40 pin IDE interface and a power
connector for a 3 1/2" floppy drive.  The cable to an IDE
hard disk drive was switched to the board.  Both the card
and the 1 GB flash memory were $ US 10 each with the flash
card having a 2 year warranty.  There is also a much
faster 2 GB flash card with a 5 year warranty at $ US 40.
I think that these were volume prices.  Does anyone want
a few cards and flash memories?

Can anyone produce a Qbus interface version of the board?
Does my question makes it on-topic?

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine
--
If you attempted to send a reply and the original e-mail
address has been discontinued due a high volume of junk