backplane Z80 system /STD bus / was Re: 8/S Replica

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Feb 29 02:37:37 CST 2008

Dave McGuire wrote:
>    Even two-row 0.1" header pins would probably work well.  That's
> what I'll most likely use for a backplane-based Z80 system I've been
> working on for a while.

Would the STD bus not fulfill that requirement/definition?

(I recently received a SQUID detector data collection instrument, must have
been a one-off production from some physics lab. It was built around a little
10-slot STD bus backplane and some MOSTEK STD cards (Z80 card,mem cards,etc.)
ca 1981. Except for the RTC clock board with corroded traces from leaking
NiCads it all looks to be re-usable.)