VAXstation/MicroVAX 2000 CPU/FPU overheating?

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Fri Feb 29 08:50:52 CST 2008

The same CPU and FPU are sued on the KA630cpu (uVAXII) and in early
microvax3100s so any of them should compare.

Is it possible that someone has overclocked the that uV2000???

FYI: gate leakage would kill the chips not make it run hot.  The
usual reasons for hot running are:

 Over voltage!
 Overclock
 Undercool
 Excessive bus loads (capacitive or resistive)

Since the machine is a closed system for the most part the first is
most likely and the others are least likely.

I may add that over 60C is way too hot at the heatsink and the die
due to thermal resistance will be hotter.

I'm trying to pull down one of my uV2ks and fire it up.

Allison