On interfaces, paper tape readers/punches,

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 29 18:34:58 CST 2008

>    Well yeah...anyone who would replace a single 74LS00 with a
> microcontroller would certainly earn a "moron" sticker on the forehead.

Hang on a sec...

Back in the 'decoding FSK cassette data' theard, somebody suggested 'a
couple of tone dectors and a microcontroller' I asusme the 'tone
detectors' are soemthing like an NE567. In whci case the logic to combine
them into a itstream is only a few logic gates.

And I still feel that the bast way to impleemtn that logic is not a
microcontroller.