board scan, design reconstruction (was IMSAI)

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 29 19:13:06 CST 2008

[AJL>]

Hi,

All those S-100 boards definitely sound interesting but here is a twist for
something I think would be highly useful for recovering data from vintage
computers using generic PCs.

How about a PCI floppy controller board?  Maybe with some supplementary
logic to allow raw track reads?  Possibly a BIOS to boot from?  An external
floppy drive connector?

Just wondering how complicated such a thing would be.  Thanks!

Andrew Lynch