SGI Crimson (was: need 13W3 cable)

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:53:58 CST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 4:47 PM, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:

> Is yours marked "Jurassic Classic"?  Mine is :-)

Nope :(   This one was meant to be a no-gfx server, I guess.  Even the
hostname on the installed Irix 6.2 is "webserver."

> Is it possible that the SCSI device IDs are fixed and that's why
> connecting an external device makes your HD disappear?

The hdd sleds all have external pushbutton-selectable IDs.  Not sure
about the tape drive.  My next step is to take one of the non-boot
drives out of its sled and put a (hopefully compatable) CD-Rom drive
in there.  I want to see what's on these drives!