Creating new CP/M disks - Progress on IMSAI

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Sat Jan 12 08:39:13 CST 2008

>Subject: Re: Creating new CP/M disks - Progress on IMSAI
>   From: "Alexandre Souza" <alexandre-listas at e-secure.com.br>
>   Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:22:38 -0300
>     To: "General Discussion: On-Topic Posts Only" <cctech at classiccmp.org>
>
>>    I¹m looking for some advice/whatever on engaging the motor when needed.

Forst if you running motor only when needed you need a delay in software
for the motor to come up to speed (1 sec does it).

>    How is DS0 line activated? As far as I know the sequence should be:
>
>    - Activate DS0, motor starts to run
>    - Activate "head load" so the heads can do their job
>    - Read/write
>
>    Since your motor is always on, seems that you have DS0 activated
>permanently. Isn't something wired wrong?

It's possible the connector is upside down.  The other is the drive in
use has a jumper for motor always on.

Also DS0 (thats a zero right?) needs to be selected to read or write
to the the zeroth drive.

Allison