Need 28VDC 4Amp PS...

Bill Sudbrink wh.sudbrink at verizon.net
Wed Jan 23 16:27:41 CST 2008

Ethan Dicks wrote:
> Have you tried running the box with a standard ATX supply?

Doesn't work.  There's a good diagram here:

http://www.outofspec.com/frankenmac/wire.shtml

The box I'm fixing uses the Gigabit/DigitalAudio PS.
Note the lack of the -5VDC and the +5DC standby.
The +28 acts as the standby on this motherboard.
Also, the monitor has no power cable.  The +28VDC
drives the monitor when the unit is powered on.

I've seen a few web postings (including the site above)
that suggest that the "whole" 28 volts isn't really required
and that you can "get away with" 24 volts.  I think this is
OK if you are not driving the monitor, but in my case we
are.

Bill

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:12 PM