A sign of the times

Alexandre Souza alexandre-listas at e-secure.com.br
Sat Jan 26 18:36:22 CST 2008

>   A brand new one is super-cheap, but newer HP printers are absolute
> garbage.  That LJ4+ will last practically forever.  If you can find a
> junker to keep around as a source for parts, you'll be able to keep it
> running indefinitely.

    I already got it! Got a 4+ without fuser assembly for a song, and throw
everything away but the useful parts: Gear train, motor, power supply, panel
and have (safely) stored a new fuser roller, fuser gear and "fuse" gear (the
entire gear train of the 4+ is made of metal, but ONE gear. This gear breaks
if the fuser assembly locks up or something weird happens in the gear
train). I can make it work forever!!! Although I'd love to have a HP5 (that
is an HP4 with two very interesting features: A "cancel job" button and the
infrared comm)